Personal Information we collect
Use of 3rd party analytics providers
We do not use any 3rd party analytics providers on any of our services.
When visiting our Landing Page
We track the Internet protocol (IP) address of any user who visits our website.
When using the Snip Client without the Snip Cloud
We do not collect any data about you.
When using the Snip Cloud
Account CreationWhen you create an account, we collect your email address, password and Internet protocol (IP) address.
Your Communications with UsWe collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us. We also collect the contents of messages or attachments that you may send to us, as well as other information you choose to provide, and that may be associated with your communications.
Payment InformationWhen you choose to subscribe for a paid plan, we will collect payment information allowing you to pay us. We use third-party payment providers to process payments on the Services. We may receive information associated with your payment information, such as billing address and transaction information, but we do not directly store payment information on the Services.
SurveysWe may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Interactive FeaturesWe may offer interactive features such as forums, blogs, chat and messaging services, and social media pages. We and others who use our Services may collect the information you submit or make available through these interactive features. Any content you provide via the public sections of these features will be considered “public” and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. By using these interactive features, you understand that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for their own purposes.
How we use your information
We use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to:Provide the Services or Requested Information, such as:
- Fulfilling our contract with you
- Identifying and communicating with you, including providing newsletters and marketing materials
- Managing your information
- Processing your payments and otherwise servicing your purchase orders
- Responding to questions, comments, and other requests
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services and
- Answering requests for customer or technical support
- Pursuing legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services, including analyzing your usage of the Services
- Developing new products and services and improving the Services
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities
- Carrying out audits
- Preventing and prosecuting potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Enforcing our agreements and
- Complying with our legal obligations
Disclosing your information to third parties
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
Service ProvidersWe may share any personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers. The categories of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) payment and transaction processing; (ii) email processing.
Share Content with Friends or ColleaguesOur Services may allow you to provide information about your friends, and may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an invitation email.
Disclosures to Protect Us or OthersWe may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store in association with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iii) enforce our policies or contracts; (iv) collect amounts owed to us; or (v) assist with an investigation and prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
International Data Transfers
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
Your Privacy Rights
Depending upon your location and in accordance with applicable laws, you may have the right to:
- Access personal information about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic personal information transferred to another party.
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request Restriction or Object to Processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties.
- Not be Discriminated Against by us for exercising your privacy rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by requiring you to submit your request via your account.
Security of your Information
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected a child’s personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.